Wrote this a long time ago, but I felt like posting something today, and found it :)
Yesterday was a day of achievements. While skiing on a new mountain, I...
-nearly kept up with my sisters down some slopes (if you know me, and my sisters, you'll understand! :) )
-learned how to ski the right way (parallel instead of snowplow!)
-went down a black diamond slope... without falling or losing control (or yelling! :) )!
I was, as I mentioned several times, quite proud of myself!
But really, I was mostly thankful, I realized. "Cuz it's been fear that tied me down to everything/But it was love, Your love, that cut the strings/So long, status quo/I think I just let go/You make me wanna be brave..." (Brave, Nichole Nordeman)
There is still a part of me that is cautious, more cautious than my sisters, but that is personality, not sin. There is also a large part of me that simply enjoys going slow, figuratively 'smelling the roses' along the way. But I can go fast (kind of!) now. I can challenge myself. And I can know the freedom of not being afraid. "Perfect love casts out all fear" :D
No comments:
Post a Comment