There are many things we cannot know. Mysteries of the universe, or of God, or of ourselves. But I don't think that God has any problem with us delving into His mysteries... So here are some interesting theories I've been thinking about lately. :)
Why quantum physics?
The uncertainty principle and suchlike has been used so-very-often to justify all kinds of relativity (mostly moral) and in various justifications of how the world may have come to be, and truly I have rarely discussed it except in a purely scientific or overtly non-Christian setting! So I asked God why He created quantum physics (assuming that we understand it remotely right). He said, as I heard it, anyway :) - "To bring back the mystery" (to prove that we can't figure it all out). When I told this to a friend of my parents', he theorized that God used it to build our free will into the fabric of our universe. (If that sentence didn't make sense, ask me to explain chaos theory ^_^ )
How do predestination and free will work together?/How does God predestine evil without creating it?
We always do what we most desire to do (that is free will). What we most desire to do is dependent on two things: who we are (our basic nature) and what we see (the worth of God or the desirability of something contrary to God).
Left to ourselves, what we most desire to do is determined by our corrupted nature. When God intervenes, and shows us the truth that good is desirable (and He is desirable) we do good. So it isn't that God incites us to do evil, it's that He removes His felt influence towards good and allows our sin to guide our hearts (as it would all the time, unless He intervened).
Why are geniuses usually (at best) socially dysfunctional and (at worst) crazy?
Our brains (and time) are finite. We can only 'specialize' in so many things (we exercise one 'muscle' at the expense of another). Interestingly enough, we don't have many records of Christian scientists being either crazy or dysfunctional even if they were/are quite brilliant (at least none I've read!) - relying on the infinite resources of Someone greater, perhaps? :)
String theory
String theory, as I understand it, suggests that ever-so-tiny two-dimensional strings vibrating at certain frequencies create what we call the subatomic particles, protons, neutrons, and electrons (more pertinently the particles which make those particles, such as quarks ...and electrons :) ). What if that is just the semi-physical expression of God's "upholding the universe by the word of His power"? :D
What will Heaven be like?
Talk about major theorizing! :)
I think it will be a place of endless learning. Learning about God's work in the world, about how He recreated the world and Heaven, learning from the myriads of His saints and from His angels, and mostly, learning about God Himself directly from God Himself! I think there will be art to create, books to write and read, engineering to do... not to overcome the world's failings (BECAUSE THERE WON'T BE ANY!!!) but to share in the joy of creation, which comes straight from God Himself!
How did God create the world?
Not how most people think is what I'm thinking :) Why? He certainly could have. But why did God create the world, anyway? For His glory. And what kind of glory does He get for creating the world by guiding a dumb (in both senses of that word :) ) process of billions of years of interstellar dust-collection followed by another billion or two of natural selection, punctuated by brief interludes of fiat? If my assumption is correct, the explanation clearly follows: whatever looks like evolution/probably old earth too is simply a misunderstanding.
What do you think about these thoughts? What do you think about? :D
No comments:
Post a Comment