Pages

An explanation

Welcome to Cara-actually-posts-on-her-blog-with-some-regularity! :)

I've been working on a project in my Bible study: weaving the different Gospel narratives together to form a single, cohesive story. Roughly 95% of the words in each narrative are directly Biblical, but they may be taken from any of the Gospels. I do change verb tenses and rearrange sentences sometimes... the Bible (at least in the NKJV) has a funny tendency to say things like "Jesus went to Galilee after the death of John" rather than the more narrative "After the death of John, Jesus went to Galilee", so I've rearranged a lot of those kinds of sentences. So I would encourage you to check any insights you may gain from the reading of this story against the actual Biblical text. But my hope and goal, for myself and for you all, is that we would, by reading Jesus' life as a story, seek to follow Him as His disciples anew.

Note: once I finish creating the narrative, I'm going to try to post the whole thing on my blog as an "ebook". We'll see how that goes ^_^
If nothing else, I'm going to start a new conception/label/tag for all of these posts, so you can track them consecutively that way if you'd like.

No comments: