Pages

3/21

News: hmmm...we had a great swing dance group meeting last night! Rita's had free ice-all in all I had vanilla, Ritaberrious, and raspberry lemonade (the last two in the same cup-I didn't have 3 :-)) and I still have some left over!

Favorite/most meaningful nugget: "Tribulation produces perseverence, perseverence, character, and character, hope, which will never disappoint." ~Romans 5:3-5 "For I consider that the sufferings of the present time are not even worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us." ~Romans 8:18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for swing! I hope you enjoyed it!

I love Romans in particular for the many truths revealed there. About the passages you chose, the thing that struck me was the logical conclusion of tribulation producing hope. And what that brought to mind was those who complain that "if there is a God, why does He let us suffer like this?" Well, it is precisely /because/ he loves you that he allows you to have tribulations. As God ordains trials for us, he also graciously carries us through them, and the very development of the character that trials bring causes us to be more dependent on Him and lean on Him with hope that as He has saved us in the past, He will do so again in the future. Thus Isaiah can prophesy: "This is our God, we have waited on Him, and He has saved us; this is the Lord, we have waited on him; we will rejoice and be glad in His salvation."
And the glories that He will allow us to take part in make the sufferings of this present time to be worthless; as our God-given struggles play out in this present day, the character that God is building in us will give us perseverance and hope for out future in Him.
Another point that shows how wise mothers are: whenever I complain of a problem I have with circumstance or person, she states: "it is to build character". And it is! And may this character that God is working in us through tribulations bring that hope and faith in God that shall never(ever) disappoint. :)