News: I visited my Spanish teacher during her office hours this week to discuss the difficulties I've been having. She was open to my requests for help and, when I pointed out an error on her part, offered me a retest. Unfortunately, that retest was the wrong one, and therefore covered a lot of material that I hadn't studied, so now (again!) I wait. Please pray for this to work out as God wishes-and preferably with grades that reflect my effort :-). Already, though, I am reaping the fruit of trial/perseverence/character/hope (see my last weekly update), PTL!*
Favorite nugget: "Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season you will reap, if you do not lose heart." ~Galatians 6:9
*PTL=praise the Lord. It is how Joni Eareckson Tada (a great example of trial/perseverence/character/hope despite humanness!) signs her pictures. Check out http://joniearecksontadastory.com/jonis-story-page-1/, which also has some good thoughts for Easter season.
1 comment:
I will be praying for you!
Praise the Lord indeed! I am glad that you are still thanking Him in every circumstance even though you may not have "seen the harvest" yet. 'Tis a good example. :)
As for extrapolation: one of the interesting facts of a tithe was that you were required to give your first fruits(i.e. whatever first was ready for harvest). But the hardest thing for farmers was that it required faith that the rest of the crops were to come. Why not feed and take care of their family and their needs first so that they were taken care of in case the rest of the crop did not come? I think that that principle ties into this passage--we are obeying and thus offering up our "tithe" of obedience and trust in God, even if those good acts have no discernible good effects. But God says to have faith, to keep doing good works and do not tire, for the harvest is assured, should we remain faithful. Truly, this is a passage of hope. And "faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see"--we can have full certainty of a future where Christ reigns and our obedience through Him is rewarded, to the praise of His glory. Praise the Lord indeed! :)
--Josiah C.
Post a Comment