Pages

Fun free (or almost-free :-)) summer stuff

Free:
~Shag (like swing dance) lessons (http://www.dancefevercharlotte.com/)
~the Park's coffeehouse (if anyone knows their web address, please comment it-we had it once but I couldn't find it)
~Regal Theaters free family films (www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx?state=NC)
~Movies in the Park (Harrisburg) (http://www.moviesintheparkharrisburg.com/)
~Free Charlotte Symphony concerts (http://charlottesymphony.org/Summer.asp)
~Billy Graham library (www.billygraham.org/specialsections/library/BGLibrary_Index.asp)
~Charlotte Shakespeare Festival (http://charlotteshakespearefestival.blogspot.com/2010/02/charlotte-shakespeare-festival.html)
~Free swing dances by Lovin' Lindy, our swing instructors (www.lovinlindy.com/dances.html)

Cheap:
~Faith, Family and Freedom celebration (www.newlife919.com/events.htm): $10!

Reference:
~Other free movie options (www.charlotteonthecheap.com/?p=1061)
~General (http://charlotte.about.com/od/thingstoseedo/tp/free.htm)

Let me know if you've discovered anything else!
I'll post "reminders" as the various events get closer (I plan on attending most of them, especially if others go with me :-)).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Park's coffeehouse website is: http://opendoorconcord.com/.

I plan on attending both performances of the Charlotte Shakespeare Festival. Thanks for the info!!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to shag! *hopeful* Praying that my schedule works out for that...
Already "did" the Park's coffeehouse, but looking forward to doing it again!
Hey, look--there is a Charlotte Symphony concert the day after graduation! I wonder if we can go....
I have been to some of the Charlotte Shakespeare Festivals; they do it well!

All of these sound great! I hope that I can go to a bunch of them.
Where did you learn about most of these?

--Josiah C.

Cara said...

I started with a few things I knew from the past(Billy Graham, Faith, Family and Freedom, Movies in the Park, Shakespeare). I just googled to find information about them for this summer. Then I googled again, "free charlotte 2010" or some such to find the rest. More than you wanted to know, no doubt... :-)