Pages

Books!

This is my list of "books every Christian should read"/books that have impacted my theology (both practical and theoretical theology) -- some usual suspects, some you've probably never heard of, except maybe from me :-)... I've got to bless Dr. Alison for that... good old "dead guys" :-)!

Desiring God - John Piper
Close to His Majesty - David Needham
Confessions - Augustine
Pursuit of Holiness - Jerry Bridges
God's Pursuit of Man - A.W. Tozer (my most recent addition to the list)
Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Normal Christian Life - Watchman Nee
Sit, Walk, Stand - Watchman Nee (an exposition of Ephesians, incidentally)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have heard of all of the authors, but have not read all of the books. Some more good stuff to read, I guess. ^_^

By "books that have impacted my theology (both practical and theoretical theology), how did they impact you specifically? Like belief changing/strengthening, thought inspiring, character building, what?

--Josiah C.