Pages

I think in series

Okay-here's something that has always, I mean always bothered me: is the plural of series series? Then how do you differentiate between the two? Plus there's another "series" if you remember good old physical science or physics (or if you're around electrical engineers a lot :-)), and actually - I kind of think in series that way too :-).
So for now on (drumroll please! :-)) the plural of series is seriez. How about it? Do you think it will catch on? ;-)

Anyway, back to the point of the post: I think in seriez :-). I rarely get ideas for essays, short stories, etc. In fact, I rarely get ideas for single books. Instead, I come up with seriez. Now that I'm restricting myself to essays and short stories (so they actually get written)... guess what? I come up with seriez for them! So this is to announce seriez coming up...

1) tributes to women who have been special to me and made a difference in my life
2) (iff* I can manage it) doctrines (mostly out of the below books) that have significantly impacted me

*iff = if and only if (in math). Can you tell I've been working on calculus recently? :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Plus there's another "series" if you remember good old physical science or physics (or if you're around electrical engineers a lot :-)), and actually - I kind of think in series that way too :-)."
Does that mean that all of your thoughts are connected to the same power source through a continuous circuit(line of thought)? At least, assuming you meant the series I thought of.
Haha, seriez, huh? It might catch on...how would you pronounce it? "seer-ee-ez"? "seer-eez"?
Or you could just make up a singular form, instead, like "sery"(with series as plural).^_^
But seeing as it refers to a plural group(i.e. one series of three books), it would make sense that both singular and plural are in a plural form. Definitely makes more sense than "moose", anyway. ^_^

Awaiting your seriez! Are they going to be a group of short stories, or essays, what?
Got the calculus reference. ^_^
I know you mentioned that you had about half of your homework subjects to do over break...what are those subjects? Hopefully, you will be free most of the time, yes?

--Josiah C.

Mitchell White said...

Seriez?? Hmm... I don't think it will catch on. Sorry.

I tend to think in scenarios. If I'm preparing to talk to someone, I imagine myself actually talking to them. It helps me know what I'm going to say.

I look forward to reading your series. (BTW, if you google it, the plural of "series" is "series")