Pages

Prayer please

I'd appreciate some prayers...a "thunderstorm" just broke and I've barely seen clouds in the sky...no details (two words that drive me crazy-sorry!) and it is very likely nothing but I could use a healthy dose of wisdom and discernment. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying! A couple things:
a) God has saved you, chosen you, and will always be with you. As a loving God, he can and will see you through all trials 'till you are face to face with Him in heaven. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." --Isaiah 43:1-3
b) God is always in control, and He is just and true. "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness; you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness." --Psalm 45: 6-7
c) Our trials and battles are not against our circumstances, but against darkness; only God's power that he gives for us to gird ourselves in can carry us through. Just guess the reference I am going to give you. :) "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you will be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."
d) I could keep going on and on....but I think the important thing to remember in all difficult circumstances is to remember not who we are, not what are circumstances are, not even what to do, but who God is.
...........And, this is probably all "overkill", a.k.a. more than you needed and things that you already knew...but.........yeah. I was going to say something really good, but I forgot what it was. :) Whatever. I will indeed be praying.

--Josiah C.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you, Cara.

Just found your blog - didn't know you had one.haha

the ever secret and anonymous
~mee

Cara said...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Currently the skies are blue and the forecast is sunny, but you know summer-thunderstorms may pop up at any time, so continued prayer would be awesome.

How did you "find" my blog, "Mee"? (oops! I almost used your real name!) I've been meaning to tell you about it!