As I've resumed my normal schedule in general, I'll be resuming the "schedule" I used for this blog last spring... an update once a week or so with my favorite nugget and important events that happened that week, and/or prayer requests, quotes, thoughts (random or otherwise*)... whatever I feel like throwing at you, my faithful readers :-). So here is my first for this school year...
Events: Well, school started (technically two weeks ago). Not much else happened, really. Any of my Charlotte friends interested in going to see Up (Fri, Sept 3rd, at Harrisburg Park)? I'm hoping to go.
Nugget: One of these days (when I find my binding**) I'll update you on my verse-by-verse study of Romans 8. For now, I'll just share Mom's and my thoughts on v. 26... "Likewise the Spirit also helps us in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit makes intercession for us with groanings that cannot be uttered." The previous verse says, "But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverence." When more do we need help than when we wait? We don't know what we should pray for - we pray "get me out of here!" not "help me grow; give me strength; and when it is your will, deliver me!" Thank the Spirit for His intercession!
*Truly, my thoughts are never random, but as a sort of apology I call them such when they might seem random to you :-).
**When I read through the Bible, I made pages of notes on each chapter or group of chapters I read, then bound them. This is now where I now keep my notes on my Bible studies.
1 comment:
Any subjects that you think you will particularly enjoy in school this year? I know that I enjoyed physics and chemistry...
I enjoyed Up a lot...plus, I get some fun time with friends...so I am planning to go!
A couple of thoughts on the nugget:
a) Just an amused thought here: we don't know what to pray for as we ought--we plead, we beg, we wax eloquent, we use many words, we use few. And yet the Spirit intercedes for us, far better than we ever could--with groanings. ^_^ Those groanings that cannot be uttered, that are too deep for words, convey the needs of our hearts better than all the words of man. Praise the Lord!
b) "But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverence." In here, we note: first, we are /eagerly/ waiting. How many people do you know that would eagerly await a beating? Or a failure? Or loss? We are eagerly waiting, because we trust(with full reason and assurance) that God will not only provide for us while we are in the circumstance we are in, but also trust that God has a /good/ plan for us, and He will not let us down.
Second, we note that the next thing that Paul assumes(the very next verse) is that we will have weaknesses. Perhaps a failure to trust in God, or falling to complaining. But! he says, the Spirit /intercedes/ in our weakness. Even if we fail to wait in hope, to persevere, God does not let us down! He carries us through every trial until we at last cast down our (undeserved) crowns at His feet. Praise the Lord!
Your thoughts have not seemed random yet, so no worries there. ^_^
Pages of notes, huh? That is a gift I greatly admire, but rarely have the patience to carry through. But if you have wisdom to share that is in your notes, I would love to hear it!
--Josiah C,
Post a Comment