Pages

Birthday!

Thanks to those who sent birthday greetings! They were much appreciated!

It happened exactly as I expected. I said last night, "I will go to bed 17 and wake up 18 and not feel a bit different." Just so. Nevertheless, when sisters were relegated to the back seat of our van, and I took a middle seat, I felt justified: "Adults in the front," I thought :-).

For no particular apparant reason, here are a couple of quotes that have appeared on my CPCC email (Gmail) recently:

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is at all comprehensible." ~Albert Einstein

“There are people who, instead of listening to what is being said to them, are already listening to what they are going to say themselves.” ~Albert Guinion


"The church was not merely a thermometer that recorded the ideas and principles of popular opinion; it was a thermostat that transformed the mores of society." ~MLKJ

5 comments:

Hannah said...

how did i not know you had a birthday recently???
ohh well...Happy Birthdayyyy!!!

Cara said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you... my birthday fudge (yay!) first was fudge /sauce/, then decided (after further cooking) to become fudge /brick/... though, fortunately, delicious in all its incarnations :-)

Cara said...

Actually, it was today - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it! I hope you had a great birthday(at least this one was not spent in the car, right? ^_^)!

Yeah, one does not notice the difference much anymore when getting older...but one can be grateful that one has been alive for so many years. ^_^
At least you were not pressured to vote as soon as you turned 18, and at least you did not have to register for selective service(the prerequisite to the draft). ^_^
On the plus side, God has been using you greatly so far, and this coming year is another time to "sit back"(working hard, of course, but never taking your eyes off of the goal) and watch as God does marvelous things.
And all that jazz(my new "randomness, etc." phrase). ^_^

Anonymous said...

What? I left a phrase, but not my name? Gah...not again...

--Josiah C.