Pages

Please pray

for my grandmother, who my family and I will be visiting next week. As many of you know, she is not a Christian, and we have been praying for and witnessing to her and the rest of Daddy's side of the family for years. Please pray for openings for us to share with her, and for "our conduct to be honorable before [her], that [she] may glorify God in the day of visitation" (to quote 1 Peter :-)).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying!
Specifically, that the Holy Spirit would soften and change her heart, for without His work, no amount of evangelism is going to have an effect.
"And faith comes through hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."(Rom. 10:17)
Thanks for being a faithful witness!

--Josiah C.

P.S. Do you mind if I ask what her main issue with Christianity is?

Cara said...

I don't mind; I also don't know. I've never been able to have an appreciable conversation with her on the subject, and even Daddy who did doesn't seem to know... You could pray for enlightenment in that quarter as well :-)

Emily said...

Praying :)

Anonymous said...

Alright, will do. ^_^
It being your eighteenth birthday soon, you may have an opportunity there...

--Josiah C.

Cara said...

How so, Josiah?

Thanks to Josiah and Emily and any of the rest of you who pray!

Anonymous said...

Well, eighteen is considered a critical moment in one's history by many people, I am told. ^_^ But basically, some likely questions you might receive are: "now that you are eighteen, what are you going to do?" Or, "What are this year's goals/possible life goals?" Or, "to who do you attribute making it this far?" Or things like that.
The thought behind this is: being eighteen often brings a) attention to you as a person, b) questions about driving forces in your life, and c)respect for your opinion as an individual(as you are legally an adult and "no longer under your parent's authority" by the world's perspective). If you know what I mean...
In summary: People will be listening to you, and asking important questions. This presents an opportunity for evangelism, either by example or by an interesting answer, such as: "What are your plans from here on out?" "Well, I want to become a missionary in Africa," or something like that--it would likely spike interest and lead to possible further discussion.
That is what I meant by an opportunity on your eighteenth birthday.
Ask me if any of that did not make much sense. ^_^

Anyway, I hope that your visit goes well, I am praying for evangelical success, and enjoy your time in Florida! ^_^

--Josiah C.