Let's see...
In styles, I like classical, jazz/swing/big band (apologies if those are very different; they sound much the same to me! :-) ), most any other type of music, so long as it doesn't have lyrics or has good ones*, and any kind of Christian music from medieval chants to hymns to contemporary Christian. Some of my favorite "CCM" bands/artists are... (no particular order)
Stephen Curtis Chapman
Nichole Nordeman
Michael W. Smith
Michael Card
Glad (which Mr. Kauflin was a part of)
Starfield
Rich Mullins
Amy Grant
Casting Crowns
and many others whose names I don't know or have forgotten :-). Give me your favorites and perhaps I'll remember some more of mine!
*I invariably evaluate music first by its lyrics: if I can't hear them, I don't like the song. If I don't agree with them, I don't like the song. Once a song makes it past that filter, I definitely have opinions on the music (i.e. instrument noises :-) ), but that is far less important.
Speaking of music, don't forget the Faith, Family and Freedom celebration this Saturday!
Also don't forget to respond to my poll!
1 comment:
You named most of my favorite Christian artists...let's see, who else(Christian artists-wise, but not necessarily CCM):
Mercyme(Christian Pop), Brian Littrell(CCM), Mark Schultz(C.P), Selah(C.country/hymn), D&MHO(C.big band jazz/blues), Kutless(C.alternative/hard rock), Keith and Kristen Getty(hymns/CCM), Bob, Devon and Jordan Kauflin(CCM, praise&worship), and I know this does not count, but Sovereign Grace Music is awesome as well. Oh, and for my friends: the Awake Music Project. :) And there are a couple more artists I enjoy, but these are a few(of the ones you did not mention).
I am coming to the FFFE if at all possible!
And I responded to the poll! :)
--Josiah C.
P.S. Oh, and favorite genres. Almost anything Christian(and I mean Christian, not song-to-your-girlfriend-that-you-switched-lyrics-to-make-it-a-song-to-God-type. You know what I'm talking about. :) ). Also: jazz, blues, swing, classical are favorites. I can enjoy almost any type of music, from metal to country to dance to modern instrumentals, but not everything is my favorite. :)
Post a Comment