I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
While the banner still will wave
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
GOD BLESS THE USA!
~Lee Greenwood
No political commentary please :-) -let's just appreciate all our forefathers and compatriots have done for us and our country. But if you'd like, we can discuss politics another day... just comment and let me know! :-)
3 comments:
Praise the Lord for letting our country grow upon sound morals and a desire to worship Him! (if you want me to extrapolate on this, I will)
Though there are many that would complain about the situation as it is today; let us have a thankful heart for the blessings and freedoms He has planned for us in the past! :)
Praise the Lord!
--Josiah C.
I've got the first sentence (and fully agree!) ...the second, on the other hand... (a thankful heart for the blessings and freedoms He has planned for us in the past?)
My dad often says that (one of) the reason(s) why our country is great is because it was founded on Godly principles-we're still living under the "showing mercy to thousands to those who love me and keep my commandments" clause of the 10 Commandments, according to him.
Whoops! I think I combined two thoughts there(in the second sentence)--
a)Let us be thankful for the blessings and freedoms He gave us by the formation of our country; and
b)Praise Him for planning and shaping our country in ages past(before time) that we might be praising and serving Him now in this country.
*sigh* The problems with a all-over-the-place(and tired!) mind... :)
But I could reform the mess-up, and pretend that it was purposeful and meant: Be thankful for the way that God has guided our country from ages past--which might make some sense. :)
I agree fully with your dad, though--on of the reasons our country is great is due to the Godly foundations it was built on.
Another important one is that God allowed it to be so. :)
--Josiah C.
Post a Comment