Pages

Everything begins

News: It is amazing how busy I am getting. I don't have anything on Mondays yet, but worship dance has started, so my Tuesday afternoons are full. Wednesdays I help out with Lisa's dogsitting business. Thursdays I'm gone all day, having Chemistry lab in the morning, and volunteering at the library* in the afternoon... every other Friday is book study, and if not that, then youth group... but yet I'm not really busy at all-as long as I keep myself on a schedule, I can keep up with schoolwork just fine and have time left over! Which is to say, if any of you have some time, it would be fun to do something(s) together. Suggestions? :-)

*I learned something cool last Thursday at the library-apparently there is a trail from the UNCC athletic fields to the University City library (where I volunteer). That's something I'll definitely keep in mind for next year, but I thought my UNCC friends might be interested to know it this year, though you probably do have a better library on campus... I don't know :-).

Nugget: Working on the book study I do with some other girls (Reading Holiness by Nancy DeMoss), I am pondering God's holiness and His call to us to be holy. How passionate am I about holiness? Passionate enough to give up things I want if they cloud my vision of God's greatness (whether sinful or not)? This verse from Hebrews continues to speak to me: "Cast aside all that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles, and run with perseverance the race marked out for you." I think, by God's grace, I am growing, but inevitably, struggles still remain. Rich Mullins, "I'd rather fight you for something I don't really want/Than take what you give that I need." ("Hold Me Jesus") But I know His grace will triumph in the end! Praise Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the trail from UNCC to the library, if anyone wants me to help them find it. ^_^

The nugget is a close reminder to me as I go through college...there are many temptations, trials, and distractions. So I often find myself asking that very question: "How passionate am I about holiness? Passionate enough to give up things I want if they cloud my vision of God's greatness (whether sinful or not)?" Especially since I am in M28, which is primarily outreach-based--am I willing to sacrifice my own personal glory and comfort for God's greatness, and my own sanctification and growth in holiness? I am weak, but praise Him--He is strong! May my life be forever yours, Jesus; and may Your name alone be praised through my life. ^_^

--Josiah C.

Toyin O. said...

Amen; great post. I will keep pursuing holiness with the grace of God.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/