More on the Mexico trip! Last year we were able to get up at about five in the morning to hike up to a cross on a hill nearby (about a half-hour hike). This year because of safety precautions, we couldn't do that, but I still got some awesome sunrise pictures.
Last year at the cross:
In my Bible time, God was really teaching me that devotions isn't something to check off my list for the day. I really started working on making it a time for me to meet with my God while I was there and now I am continuing that at home. He was also really teaching me to trust Him and His timing in my life and the life of others. Like last year, I really didn't want to come back home. On the last game night, I had my journal notebook out and one of the kids, Brayan, picked it up and wrote his name, my name, and Lisa's name on the back page. That got my mind rolling and I was able to get the signitures of all of the teens, all but one of the interns, and three of the staff. One of the staff, Flash, wrote down a Bible verse for me to read. It was Psalm 20:4 and it reads: "May He grant you according to the desires of your heart, and fulfill all your purpose." When I came home, that really helped me to trust God that He wants me back in Charlotte for right now. As I was swimming and meditating on this verse one day, I thought about what the desires of my heart really are: moving to Mexico or glorifying God wherever I am and being a light for Him. I finally decided that as much as I would love to move to Mexico, glorifying God is more important to me. As I was reading my Bible a few days later a verse from Proverbs jumped out to me. Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart plans his way, but God directs his steps." I am still learning, and will be learning for the rest of my life, how to trust God with all my desires, wishes, and hopes for my future.
Here's my friend Lauren and one of her favorite kids Christian (the younger one):
Chelsey, a friend of mine, and I went to sit with the kids while they ate their lunch. We went around to all of the tables asking for pictures. When it came to the last table, at which sat two of the older guys, we thought it best not to ask them for a photo. Instead we took one sneakily while they weren't looking.
I think mine turned out pretty well:
Isaac (18), who is a Christian, and Luis (15), who isn't. Please be praying for the salvation of Luis (15), Esmeralda (13), Myeyam (13), Brayan (14), Sammy (14), Jorge (18, a staff kid), Jordie (13, Cesar's brother) and Edwin (13?, Cesar's friend) - both of whom were kicked out with Cesar - as well as all of the younger kids. Also, please be praying for Valeria (16/17), Isaac (18), and Irvin (13) that they would shine their lights bright, as they are the three born-again Christian teens out of nine still living at the Ranch.
There will probably be more posts to follow!
Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
I love hearing about the great things God is teaching you! You are right, it is more important to glorify God wherever you are than do special things like missions. However, I also think that if you enjoy missions, God may be calling you to missions in the future. Always be content with what God has given you, but always be striving to do more for His name. :)
--Josiah C.
Post a Comment