Pages

I'm here!!!!

So the fact that I'm actually going to worldview camp...staying away from home...for TWO ENTIRE WEEKS is actually finally sinking in... now that I'm here

I've met some really nice people, two girls especially seem nice, though I haven't met my roommate yet. One of the girls I met while browsing the book stack...always a good sign! :-)

Which leads me to... a book list! These are the most interesting books that they are selling that I don't already own, and I'd like to know if you have them so I can borrow rather than buy :-). (No, I won't buy them all, Mom and Dad-just most of them :-) The numbers are for your research on my behalf-don't forget to check the library; long shot as it seems, I have found some surprising ones there).

How Christianity Changed the World-Schmidt ($24) (previously Under the Influence)
Love Your God With All Your Mind - J P Moreland ($9)
Faith, Form and Time - Wise ($9)
Historical Reliability of the Gospels - Blomberg ( $16)
Icons of Evolution - Wells ($19)
Psychology as Religion - Vitz ($13)
To Everyone an Answer - compilation ($26)
State of the Arts - Veith ($21)
Liberal Fascism - Goldberg ($19)
History of the American People - Johnson ($26)
Life at the Bottom - Dalrymple ($12)
Moral Darwinism - Wiker ($13)
What's So Great About Christianity? - D'Souza ($22)
Jesus Under Fire - Wilkens and Moreland ($15)
Victory of Reason - Stark ($15)
From Dawn to Decadence - Barzum ($14)
For the Glory of God - Stark ($27)
The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus - Habermas and Licona ($15)
Money, Greed and God - Richards ($16)
Relativism - Beckwith and Kolikl ($21)
Truth Decay - Groothuis ($15)

Thanks for your help! I'll post my favorite teachings from the last day beginning tomorrow... I haven't learned anything yet :-) ---except wwaaaayy too many names to ever remember. I do know 5-my small group leader's, two girls' and my roommate's, and of course my own :-).

3 comments:

Cara said...

By the way... this is probably a half to two thirds of their inventory. Just saying :-)

Anonymous said...

Alright! Worldview camp sounds awesome!
Wow, that sounds like a great book list! I would be tempted to buy them all--if I had the money(and time to read them)--so I don't blame you for that sentiment. :)
I am afraid I don't own any of those, as much as I would like to. Sorry...
Anyway, if you have trouble keeping up with names...it helps if you know a fact or story to go with the name and face. See, I cannot remember first meeting anyone, unless I know something about them as well. I know that it may seem to be just adding to the list of facts to remember, but it actually helps. :)

Do they let you just read books in the inventory(or do they have a library?)? 'Cause if you have enough free time, you might get through one or two. :)

I look forward to learning what you learn!

--Josiah C.

Anonymous said...

However, on the library website I found(with the same authors as you listed) :
Icons of evolution
Liberal Fascism
e-audiobook of History of the American People
What's so Great About Christianity?
Victory of Reason
From Dawn to Decadence

Hope this helps!

--Josiah C.