Pages

Next to last day-no way!

It's Thursday. I'll be home Saturday. Tomorrow is the last day I'll be seeing some of my new friends (they'll be taking early flights Saturday). Waah! Hooray! ...Praise the Lord!!! -Which is to say, I'll miss these people, they're great, I'll miss being here; I can't wait to see you all (my family especially) and actually begin responding to all of Josiah's replies on my forum (help me out here, if you can, I'm so busy!!! -And anyway, it's fun :-)! And don't forget my poll here) and actually share with you some of the things I have written down in my other notebook... and in all circumstances, we must praise! One happy note, though: I will be sharing my blog with the people I've come to know, so you all can sort of virtually meet them, and so I can stay in touch... I wish you could really meet each other. I've met some really cool young adults :-). And it is really, really scary how much some of them remind me of some of you :-).

Anyway, here are a couple of things you ought to know before you see me again, both because they are great information and because I've become accustomed to using them almost jokingly here (where everyone "gets it") and I might on you...

Three excellent questions for always use:
1) What do you mean by that? (ask for definitions)
2) How did you come to that conclusion? (ask for evidence)
3) Have you considered the implications of that opinion? (ask for implications)

We have liked to play postmodern and say "Don't impose your view of truth on me!" This is great when we're cleaning our rooms. We get "report cards" that rate our cleaning, so some smart-alecky person stuck a note in their room one day: "This is a postmodern room. Don't impose your views of clean on me." Better yet was the nihilist room: "I just don't care." (Technically, we're totally misrepresenting - especially nihilists - in these sorts of jokes-I'll give you some good definitions later-but I do think it's funny :-))

If you want a little window on what I've been learning these weeks, spend some time here, at the worldview chart put out by the organization I'm with. It will give you a good basic understanding of the worldview categories I've been dealing in. Or if you don't have enough time, just wait and I'll post my own summaries once I get home and have time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take your time on responses to the forum--I spent plenty of time, anyway. :)
Too bad I only get to meet these people virtually...ah, well, such is life. They sound like a lot of fun to know, from how you describe them.
I like the worldview chart! It is a good way to condense some of the large amount of information you got over two weeks. :)

--Josiah C.